This gallery contains 2 photos.
Chicken orzo with onions, mushrooms, asparagus, purple cherry heirloom tomatoes, spinach, and tomato-basil hummus+almondmilk-sauce Hey guys… I cooked it with EVOO…. I haven’t used that stuff in like 2 years!
6 Tasty Vegan Ideas For Heirloom Tomatoes
- Make a salad full of summer’s bounty by slicing heirloom tomatoes and topping with fresh corn kernels and diced watermelon. Drizzle with a balsamic vinaigrette.
- Cut heirloom tomatoes into large cubes and create a tasty Greek salad with crisp lettuce, diced cucumbers, sliced red onion, pitted Kalamata olives and a red wine vinaigrette.
- Dice a rainbow of heirloom tomatoes and toss with extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper for a simple bruschetta to serve on slices of toasted baguette. Garnish with fresh basil.
- A slice of tomato can elevate almost any sandwich to new heights but a BLT made with heirloom tomatoes will really hit the spot. Tempeh Heirloom Tomato BLTs are full of flavor and texture.
- Because of their vibrant flavor, heirloom tomatoes should either be left raw or cooked just enough to warm them up. Sauté sliced garlic in olive oil, add diced tomatoes and fresh basil until warmed through and toss with spaghetti or your favorite pasta.
- Cut tomatoes into ½-inch thick slices, lightly brush with olive oil and grill for a couple minutes or until charred and heated through. Serve in a salad or atop a burger. Also try cutting tomatoes in half and grilling, then sprinkle with a vegan Parmesan cheeze and fresh herbs for a quick and easy side dish.