Chamomile soy latte, cinnamon raisin oatmeal w/ soymilk and almonds and blueberries 🙂
10 Reasons to Eat Breakfast
- Breakfast restores sugar levels after up to 12 hours of not eating.
- It is extremely difficult to get all of your necessary daily nutrients without breakfast.
- Adults who skip breakfast are less mentally and physically efficient for longer periods during the day.
- People who eat breakfast are more successful at losing weight and sticking to a diet.
- Athletes who skip breakfast train less effectively.
- Eating breakfast can raise metabolism by as much as 10 percent.
- People who eat breakfast regularly are more likely to rate their health as “excellent” or “good.”
- Missing breakfast increases your chance of heavy machinery and factory accidents.
- Eating breakfast has been shown to increase concentration.
- Eating a bigger meal in the morning and a smaller meal at night optimizes your daily energy levels.
Building a Balanced Breakfast
Breakfast should provide at least one quarter of the calories you need for the entire day. Most nutritionists agree that a good breakfast contains the following ingredients:
- At least one serving of fiber
- At least one fruit and/or vegetable
- Milk or another source of calcium
- Protein, i.e., from meat, cheese or eggs
If this sounds like a tall order, it’s not. A bowl of cereal with fruit, a cereal bar with a glass of milk or a pita pocket with ham and cheese all fill the bill, as do bigger, traditional breakfasts, like eggs, ham and juice or blueberry pancakes with bacon. And, yes, cold pizza (with a glass of milk) qualifies as a healthy breakfast alternative.
Never eat breakfast?
If your usual breakfast is a cup of coffee, start small by incorporating a glass of juice or milk into your morning routine for a week or so, and then gradually build up to a balanced meal. If you think you don’t have time in the morning, consider making breakfast the night before or buying ready-made alternatives, such as cereal bars and juice boxes.
my unanswered question will always be this: when do you have to eat for it to be considered breakfast? ^_^
This gallery contains 8 photos.
garden-of-vegan: Garden of Vegan – Favourite Snacks from June – Part 1
This gallery contains 5 photos.
garden-of-vegan: Garden of Vegan – Favourite Breakfasts of June – Part 1